Italian for Driving Schools
Kaunas, Panevėžys, Raseiniai, Lithuania
Period of implementation:
Field of activity – formal/informal/non-formal:
Adult (educators) education, non-formal education
- Adult educators
- Non-formal adult educators
- Trainers, lecturers, teachers
Implementing organization/lead organization:
- Lead organiztion: Lithuanian Association of Adult Education (LSŠA).
- Lithuanian Association of Adult Education (LSŠA),
- Kaunas Region Education Centre,
- Panevezys District Educational Centre,
- Life and Faith Institute
- Raseiniai District Education Helpdesk
- Project description link: http://www.lssa.smm.lt/en/projects/adult-educators-mission-give-the-learner-wings/
- flyer: http://www.lssa.smm.lt/en/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/MSAE-FLYER-final.pdf
- Country report, Lithuania: http://www.lssa.smm.lt/en/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AE-Country-report-Lithuania-EN_final.pdf
Challenge or social need:
Appropriate preparation of adult educators is discussed in the Program of Non-formal Education and Continuous Learning for 2016–2023. It warns regarding the threat that increasing needs of adult learning in Lithuania could face the lack of competent adult educators. It indicates that andragogical competences are very important for adult educators, they directly relate to the quality of adult learning.
The project “Adult educator’s mission: give the learner wings” is prepared by the consortium of five adult learning institutions: Lithuanian Association of Adult Education (LSŠA), Kaunas Region Education Centre, Panevezys district Educational Centre, Life and Faith institute and Raseiniai district Education Helpdesk.
Project is prepared answering the requirements for the contemporary adult educator (andragog) which are described in the strategic documents EU and Lithuania regarding education policy.
The aim of the mobility provided by the Consortium is to increase the quality of teaching and learning of adult learners by increasing the competences of the staff of the members of Consortium in three areas:
- Empowerment of adult learners and increasing their ability for self-learning
- Methods and forms of teaching of adult learners with diverse learning needs, motivation and former learning experiences
- Consulting on carrier development, life, further learning and providing professional assistance.
Project idea, implementation and result will be disseminated through the web-site of LSŠA and LSŠA Facebook, through web-sites and Facebooks of the Consortium partners and in local, regional and National media and EPALE.
Benefits/success factors/ measurement of success:
Developed at least one training methodological material for the dissemination of the mobility results in Lithuania.
Inclusive characteristics/Innovative elements:
Project is focused on wide range of adult educators not limiting to the fiels, age or experience as long as there is motivation and need to take part and apply learnt practices.