The project “ Digital Storytelling for up-skilling and empowerment of learners with intellectual disabilities”
Period of implementation:
Field of activity – formal/informal/non-formal:
Non-formal education, ICT, Disabilities – special needs
- Adults education and nonformal education institutions
Implementing organization/lead organization:
- CENTER ZA IZOBRAZEVANJE IN KULTURO TREBNJE JAVNI ZAVOD (Slovenia) – coordinator
- A.N.F.F.A.S. Onlus di Pordenone (Italy)
- VsI Tarptautinis darbo kontaktu tinklas (Lithuania)
- Keski-Pohjanmaan koulutusyhtymä (Finland)
- Upstream Stories (Denmark)
- ReykjavíkurAkademían ses (Iceland)
- Tel: +386 7 34 82 100
- Digital Storytelling Programme (https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/project-result-content/04225a93-f394-4ad1-9b17-07bed713891c/IO2_DS_programme_English.pdf
- Manual For Facilitators (https://spark.adobe.com/page/Hp15o5zAk3bBE/)
- Guidelines For People With Intellectual Disabilities (https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/project-result-content/a460351c-7c84-4187-91cc-14515c5fc938/manual_ENGLISH_final.pdf)
- Report On Prototyping Phase To Define The Real Needs Of The Two Target Groups (https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/project-result-content/2bc31d6d-d007-4183-ad95 81f8cde32717/IO1_Report_on_prototyping_phase_FINAL_ENG.pdf)
Challenge or social need:
The project deals with an educational challenge to promote the full inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities.
The aim of the project is to develop an innovative learning approach – digital storytelling adapted to people with intellectual disabilities with an aim to deliver an innovative, empowering and fun tool for teachers/facilitators that work with intellectually disabled which will help them up-skill, understand and empower intellectually disabled persons.
Project specific objectives:
- to up-skill facilitators/teachers who work with intellectually disabled to use digital storytelling method adapted to intellectually disabled and thus increase people with ID (ntellectual disabilities) acquisition of different life skills: literacy, digital skills, social skills, etc.
- to increase educational opportunities for intellectually disabled to participate fully in society and manage successfully transitions in the labour market
- to enhance basic skills (literacy and digital skills) of people with intellectually disabilities, enable their participation in society and thus increase their social inclusion
- to mainsream and sustain innovative digital strorytellin methodology that explains the practical implementation of the process with practical cases and includes Methodology implementation manual and Simple guideline for people with ID for future use.
Benefits/success factors/ measurement of success:
Project addresses niche target group in Lithuania and partner countries which is often forgotten and moreover project focuses on today’s and relevant skills acquisition that would increase integration of people with disabilities.
Resources are translated in native languages, digitalized and openly accessible to anyone.
This action do not require extra budget financial resources. Starting from the educational experiment, certain characteristics of the course were identified as worth exploiting in an educational format to evaluate the impact of other future training interventions.
Inclusive characteristics/Innovative elements:
Project gives priority for analysis of target groups needs in ordert to understand current situation, developed accessible resources and guidelines to use it in private and mainstream practices and educational institutions.